Functions and Capabilities
The aim of the laboratory is to conduct research and development projects in the field of food packaging and preservation and safety of food contact materials.
R&D project themes in the field of packaging materials
- Selection of the appropriate packaging material and packaging method for specific food products
- New packaging technologies (active and intelligent packaging) improvements and applications
- Determination of the specific migrant from the food contact materials into the foods
R&D project themes in the field of food preservation
- Determination of shelf-life of food products
- Application of modified-atmosphere-packaging (MAP) for the preservation of food products
- Determination of the processing, packaging, transportation, and storage conditions (temperature, RH, time) of the food products in the cold chain system including traceability
- Storage of food products in controlled atmosphere (CA)
- Development of storage and packaging technologies for fruits and vegetables
Capabilities / Proficiency of Staff
- Research staff specialized in the field of migration analysis from food contact materials, active packaging, modified-atmosphere-packaging (MAP) and minimally processed fruits and vegetables.