Name: Determination of National Food Composition and Formation of a Widely Available and Sustainable System
Supporter: TUBITAK, The Public Research Grant Committee (KAMAG) of Support Programme for Research Projects of Public Institutions (TARAL 1007)
Duration: 2008 - 2013
Aims of Project: The project is based on the systematic determination of the nutrient content of unprocessed and processed foods produced and consumed in Turkey with advanced analyses techniques. It is aimed to establish a national system which is sustainable, original, and consisted of traceable data production - usage - and management.
- Standard quality data production philosophy is set up according to “TürKomp Data Production Criteria” among the partner laboratories, and analytical method standardisation on food composition area is established.
- Turkish Food Composition Database, TürKomp. www.turkomp.gov.tr
- Book-1: TürKomp, Gıda Kompozisyon Veri Kitabı/TürKomp Food Composition Tables.
- Book-2: TürKomp Gıda Kompozisyon Analiz Yöntemleri.
- TürKomp, Food Composition Data CD.
- Traditional foods registration files, draft (53).
- System procedures (12).
- Sampling protocols (204).
- Technical reports (10).
- National and international articles and presentations.
Sources for providing sustainability of the system:
- Sectorial membership.
- Data set selling.
- TürKomp, Gıda Kompozisyon Veri Kitabı/TürKomp Food Composition Tables.
TürKomp, Food Composition Data CD.